Re: [SLE] Taxes on Linux
  • From: Fred Miller <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 03:01:55 -0500
On Thursday 12 February 2004 1:34 am, Ben Rosenberg wrote:

[snip]

> I too couldn't pay out the cash for the bloated version of TT. So I did
> it online. The weird thing that I don't understand is that Turbotax
> online worked wonderfully with Safari which is what I used for the whole
> process. Why wouldn't it work with Konq since they are *suppose* to be
> the samething. It couldn't be as simple as a user string being sent so
> TT.com didn't understand how to serve Konq..that would be silly. I
> really wonder why both wouldn't work. I live for the day that all this
> crap works together regardless of platform. It's such a drag on the
> progress of technology in general.

You are correct, of course - it "all" SHOULD work seamlessly! But, none of it
will as long as people like Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer are in control of
large corps. That is, knuckleheads with super-sized egos who couldn't care
less about anything except power over others.

Fred

--
"...Linux, MS-DOS, and Windows XP (also known as the Good, the Bad, and
the Ugly)."