Re: [SLE] Where to download KDE 3.2?
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 15:55:11 -0900
On Tuesday 03 February 2004 15:55, yep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Tirsdag 03 februar 2004 18:28 skrev Jim Norton:
> > On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 12:22:57PM -0500, Michael Galloway wrote:
> > > Hi Pieter!
> > >
> > > how about here:
> > >
> > > http://ftp.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.2/SuSE/ix86/9.0/
> > >
> > > -- michael
> >
> > What about SuSE 8.1? Is SuSE 8.1 pretty much not supported by this point?
>
> To my recolection they support a release say 8.1 for 2 years with security
> patches or major "problems".
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong (any of you).

You are, but only in the context of this KDE question, not in general.
KDE yast upgrades are available.

------------------------------repost follows
Hello everyone,

I thought about this a while ago and found an answer on suse's kde mailing
list.

Open up YaST and go to Change Source of Installation. Add an ftp one, such
as this:
ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/supplementary/KDE/update_for_8.2/yast-source

Use the 'up' button to make sure this is at the top of the list. Then, back
at the main window of YaST, choose system update, and and select only update
installed packages. There is a details button that shows what is going to be
updated, so you can check it out yourself. Since I'm already running 8.2,
this didn't update anything except all the kde and related rpms to 3.1.2.

--
John Andersen

< Previous Next >