Re: [SLE] SuSE 9 Keyboard mappings
  • From: Chris Herrnberger <chris123@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:46:35 -0500
On Wednesday 21 January 2004 19:30, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:

> So is your mail client as my signature says please reply to list and
> please do not put me in TO/CC. Unless you want private support and ready
> for the bill :-)

Yes quite correct. .. Me bad...:)

Sorry, working on two machines and flipping back and forth. Here is a quick
summary of what happened and how it was solved.

The motherboard is an Asus A7V8X-MX which uses a via chipset with onboard
video. Sax seems to barf on this machine for some reason even though it
properly sets up a vesa framebufffer for X. However in checking the Sax2
setting (which requires a reboot after running Sax2 as it hangs) if found the
keyboard mappings to defualt to "de" Changing this to "us" and changing
/etc/sysconfig/keyboard: KEYTABLE="" seems to make it all work as it should.
Last thing to check is the SuSE Hardware db to see what it reports for the
Asus MB that I am running. As said 9.0 works fine on variouse other machines.

So we got this one licked...

tks..:)

< Previous Next >