Re: [SLE] SuSE 9 Keyboard mappings
  • From: Chris Herrnberger <chris123@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:52:48 -0500
On Wednesday 21 January 2004 18:30, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:

> /etc/sysconfig/keyboard
>
> # Keyboard mapping
> # (/usr/share/kbd/keymaps/)
> # e.g. KEYTABLE="de-latin1-nodeadkeys", "us" or empty for US settings
> #
> KEYTABLE="trq.map.gz"
>

> Ofcourse use "us" rather then trq.map.gz

Yuppers thats what is should be...:)

Here is my setup/config file entries (uneditted)

# Keyboard settings for the text console
#
# Keyboard mapping
# (/usr/share/kbd/keymaps/)
# e.g. KEYTABLE="de-latin1-nodeadkeys", "us" or empty for US settings
#
KEYTABLE="us.map.gz"

Yet for some strange reason, it still maps to a german keyboard. Guess I can
copy over us.map.gz from another install to ensure that its not mislabelled
or corrupted, but that would be the brute force method. Is this a known issue
or an isolate case Togan??

Many thanks for your speedy response.

regards

/ch