Re: [SLE] Wine on SuSE
  • From: Russ <bigrig64@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 08:44:14 -0800
Thanks for this. I was reading many many different How-To's, FAQ's and whatnot's but still couldn't figure out how to start the goofy thing. Till now, thanks.

During the setup, it found everything including my XP drive (NTFS). I heard that it was a bad thing to write to an NTFS drive so I deleted that entry. Does WINE write to these disks? Can I put that entry back as a reference point?

Thanks
Russ

Lars Nore'n wrote:

Russ wrote:

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how to get started with wine. I do have a Win98se partition.

/usr/bin/winesetup

After that, right-click on an *.exe-file and choose to open it with Wine and see if it works - some programs do, some don't.

See http://frankscorner.org/ for more info.

/Lars