Re: [SLE] GRUB menu.lst entry questions (boot splash verbosity)
  • From: "Paul W. Abrahams" <abrahams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 21:40:14 -0500
On Sunday 28 December 2003 8:12 pm, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Sun December 28 2003 07:58 pm, Paul W. Abrahams wrote:

> 'info' is an abomination.
>
> So let's do away with 'info'...

I find the Info format reasonably easy to work with -- easier, in fact, than
the alternative, HTML. (Man pages break down for documenting large and
complex programs like, say, bash or tar.) You can move continuously through
an Info document just by pressing the spacebar. For HTML, you have to switch
back and forth between mouse and keyboard (or manipulate the scrollbar); the
human factors are most unpleasant. (The problem is that you can't select the
Next link easily with the keyboard as far as I know.)

But like so many things, it's a matter of personal preference.

Paul

< Previous Next >