Re: [SLE] Fetchmail/Procmail with mixed IMAP/POP3
  • From: Nick Selby <ns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:12:25 +0100
Right,
That was indeed the question. But in the man fetchmail it says,

"The fetchmail program can gather mail from servers supĀ­porting any of the
common mail-retrieval protocols: POP2, POP3, IMAP2bis, IMAP4, and IMAPrev1."

Regarding which type of IMAP, man fetchmail says,

IMAP IMAP2bis, IMAP4, or IMAP4rev1 (fetchmail autodetects their
capabilities).

So, Is the deal that fetchmail can "gather" the mail from my IMAP server but
once it has gathered it and delivered it to procmail, it's deleted from the
server? Can anyone suggest some more documentaiton I can have a look at (or,
if you're up for it, just explain to me how the heck this is supposed to
work? )?

Thanks in advance,
Nick

--