Re: [SLE] SuSE's time keeping
  • From: Bill Wisse <wiswp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 17:17:46 -1100
On Wednesday 03 December 2003 16:38, Donn aka n5xwb Washburn wrote:

> I have had the same problem with SuSE 9.0. It seems that no matter I how I
> set "localtime" and set the time via netdate on the internet at bootup it
> always goes to UTC time. So, if I reboot several times the "date" becomes
> days behind.
>
> I have wriiten SuSE's Support about this issue and NO HELP! And this may
> be my last SuSE version. On 9.0 I have had more problems than on any other
> SuSE distros. Like "time" and my Palm device not being seen. However,
> hwinfo, /proc and "lsusb" does see it

I have written to SuSe help as well, so I'll wait and see what comes out of
it.

I'm still confused by this "English sentence":
In order to maintain the time as precise as possible, this procedure shall be
repeated several times the week after at the soonest.

I presume they mean that I have to do the same thing ( what was suggested on
their help page) several times this week and ASAP.
And I also presume that when I do this it will make changes to /etc/adjtime.
But what will happen if I reboot several times in that week?
I'm not to worried about it , to be honest. I just brought it up because of
the bad English translation.

--
Greetings from

/bill at 169 west , 19 south.

Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are
transmission errors."