Re: [SLE] SUSE linux desktop video signal out of range.
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 22:47:17 +0800
On 12/03/2003 11:19 AM, Felix Miata wrote:

Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
Or better yet, as root run hwinfo --framebuffer, which will printout the
different modes your card will handle

Doesn't work for me (8.2). It prints some information on the screen, but
all on the same line - no scrolling - happens too fast to read any of
it, and leaves the screen as found when done. I tried redirecting to a
file, but that comes to 0 bytes.

I am also on 8.2. Does splash work on your machine? Your video card can run X but not support framebuffers. Again, it will show what your card will handle. I suspect your card does not support framebuffer.

--
Joe Morris
New Tribes Mission