Re: [SLE] Re: installing SUSE 9.0 on existing Mandrake installation
  • From: Hartmut Meyer <hartmut.meyer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 21:19:30 +0100
Hi,

Am Dienstag, 2. Dezember 2003 21:04 schrieb Brett A. Taylor:

> Thanks. I thought it sounded right and it would work, but I wanted to
> check. Nobody wants to lose /home!

And for this very reason you should have a backup copy of your /home data.
Just in case.

This advice has nothing to do with your existing installation beeing Mandrake
and/or your new installation beeing SUSE LINUX.

Things (can) go wrong. And you would be very sorry ...

Greetings from Bremen
hartmut

P.S. Sounds very reasonable, doesn't it? Have I ever followed such advise
myself? No. Have I suffered? Sure (but likely not enough to not do it
again) ...

< Previous Next >