Re: [SLE] Mozilla 1.6 install on SuSE Personal 9.0
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 07:53:02 +0800
On 11/28/2003 06:22 AM, Jerry wrote:

Newbie here with SuSE 9.0 Personal edition and Linux in general.

Extracted the tar.gz and ran the install file, but the flash won't work even
downloading the flash plug-in from the Macromedia site. <snip>

Install the flash in 1.6, go back to the NWS radar
loop and it tells me I need the flash plug-in.

Assuming this was installed per the default from mozilla (in /usr/local), it is setup for multiuser. This means that root needs to start it to register the plugins for use. After that is done, any user can use any plugin. If you installed the flash plug-in as root (because a user wouldn't be able to write to /usr/local), you would need to start it as root once to register the plugins. HTH.

--
Joe Morris
New Tribes Mission