  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:58:56 -0500
* Krikket <krikket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-24-03 00:06]:
> On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
>
> > * Krikket <krikket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-23-03 22:43]:
> > [snip ...]
> > > Can you include more than one address on a reply-to line?
> >
> > Have you tried?

[snip ...]

> I've poked around looking for soemthing like this, yes. But never
> found anything.
>
> > Some of the effort must be your own. You will not learn to solve
> > your own problems if you make no effort. You didn't even include
> > the 'Reply-To:' header in you post.
>
> And I could go into the evils of using "reply-to" and why it's a bad
> thing in general. But that's already been touched off on this list
> recently. Nor have I been completely convinced that it's not a bad
> thing for general use. But I'm willing to listen to
> counter-arguments. Which is one reason why I asked those questions
> in the first place.

You should research your data. 'Reply-To:' is bad for for mail-list
addresses, not to achieve personal responses to list mail.

> I'm willing to listen to counter-arguments, but I see no reason why I
> should research something to convience you.

Think again. There is no inconvenience to me. You posed the lack of
means to achieve an objective but appear to be unwilling to experiment
ways proposed to reach that objective.

> I'm more than willing to let things go as is -- I've been happy with the
> result. The additional tweak would be nice, but that's all. I don't
> consider it worth the time or effort to put much into it.

Then there's your answer. You aren't interested.

> Remember, you're the one who's annoyed by things, not me. I'm just
> asking for a way of minimzing your annoyance.

Incorrect again. I have a procmail recipe that /dev/null's duplicates
because individuals of your mindset are not interested in netiquette.