Re: [SLE] kMenu Problems
  • From: Alex Khroustalev <svintuss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:48:16 +0300
On Tuesday 18 November 2003 20:05, Olipro wrote:
> Seemingly quite a few programs have gone amiss into "Applications"
> rather than their rightful categorised places (SUSE 9.0).
> I have no idea why this has happened, but certainly would appreciate
> knowing the fix.
> P.S: Note I am referring to the menu from which you access applications
> in KDE.
> SUSE - 1,000 Possibilities, not 1,000 Vulnerabilities
> Olipro - GTA Global <Olipro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hm... Looks like I had the similar problem. I had this with Opera, which was
not correctly uninstalled/upgraded since 8.2. I located the opera.desktop
file in /opt/kde3/* which did not belong to any package and deleted it. Then,
as Fred Miller wrote, I ran `kbuildsycoca --noincremental`. Seems like
everything is fine with the KDE-menu now.

Alex.