mail stuck in postfix
  • From: Andre Truter <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:24:06 +0200
I have been having problems with receiving duplicate mail in my inbox.
Sometimes the same mail would arrive that was already delivered an hour
ago.

Tonight it got so bad that I received 4 to 6 copies of the same mail.

After reading some man pages and doing a bit of investigation, I
discovered that the 'active' queue of postfix had around 400 mail
messages stuck in it. It kept on delivering them, but never deleted
them.

So I deleted them manually with postsuper. After that things returned to
normal

Does anybody know what could cause this?

Thanks
--

Andre Truter Software Engineer Registered Linux user #185282
ICQ #40935899 AIM: trusoftzaf http://www.trusoft.za.net