Re: [SLE] how do you set up uw-imap
  • From: Tom Allison <tallison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 08:19:21 -0500
Ken Hughes wrote:
Tom Allison wrote:

I guess it only works under imap-ssl protocol.

But how do you configure it?

The xinetd default is for imap but it doesn't work at all.

Any hints? There's not much there to work with...

I believe the 8.2 imap was compiled to work only as imaps (ssl). What I and other on this list did was to use the imapd binary from 8.1. That worked fine for me.

Ken Hughes

Thanks. I don't have a 8.1 here, but I supposed I can get one.

Suse got pretty messed up on this one.

Squirrelmail doesn't support IMAPS
imap package doesn't support IMAP

It would have made a lot more sense to simply do this:

create imap package with IMAP and IMAPS support despite everyone else in the world thinking IMAP is "bad"
Set xinetd.d/imap file to restrict imap protocol to localhost only.

That would allow me to do IMAPS over the wire and lean/low-cost IMAP locally (squirrelmail et al).