Re: [SLE] Problem with backup after 9.0 install....need help! (anyone???)
  • From: Bernd <bernd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 23:31:06 -0800
On Friday, 31 October, 2003 14:50, jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Friday 31 October 2003 07:37 pm, Tom Nielsen wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 12:24, Tom Nielsen wrote:
>
> <snippage>
>
> > > Now when I backed it up, I did the following "tar -czvf
> > > /mnt/windows/C/tmp/backup.zip /home/tom" When I look at my windows
> > > drive, I can see the file in there and the size is 1.2gb. I have
> > > another zip file which I did of my /srv directory and I can't
> > > access that either.

I apologize if I'm way off base on this, but so much for jumping into the
middle of a thread.

Have you checked the file permissions in both windoze and linux??? I have
found that sometimes windoze throws its' own wonderful permissions on a file
which prevent it from being accessed from linux. Nothing seems wrong with
the file when looking at the permissions in linux, you just can't access the
file. Boot into windoze, change the permissions of the files in windoze,
then fire up linux and access the files. Give it a try.

Again, if I'm off base with my suggestion, please forgive me for jumping in.

Bernd
--
"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather
wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them

Antoine de St. Exupery