XMMS Audio Playback
  • From: LinuxWorld999 <linuxworld999@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 09:45:02 +0000
There was a thread running on this list concerning XMMS. The thread cannot
be located but the user concerned could not hear any sound using XMMS player.
Having had no problems in SuSE 8.2 the assumption was that there should be no
problems in 9. Lo and behld, XMMS does not give audio playback under 9.

However, not having upgraded 8.2 on my laptop and with XMMS giving audio
playback, the settings were checked. The following settings havew to be
changed:

Right click on the XMMS player, and select ->options -> Preferences
On the Audio I/O Plugins, select Input Plugins -> CD Audio Player 1.2.8 ->
click on configure -> under the Play Mode selct Digital audio extraction.
Clicking on the "check drive" button gives an error message. Ignore this for
the moment. Not sure this matters, but enter the device and directory details
to match the settings on the PC. Click the "OK" button and then the "APPLY"
button on the Preferences dialog box. For information the Output Plugin
selected is ALSA.

After selecting a track, audio playback works.

HTH others having problems getting audio playback from XMMS

LW999