Re: [SLE] completion of my list of installed programs
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:00:40 +0100

On 10/30/03 12:54:34, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:

For the first time I compiled a program by myself.
Frightening but I think the waiting was worthwhile.
Going to my trusted Yast I found that the program is not
mentioned in the list of installed programs. What did I
forgot after the compilation?

Create an rpm for the new program, and install it.

The easiest way for this -- programmings gurus here differing -- is to use checkinstall. Just call 'checkinstall' as root instead of calling 'make install'.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson

< Previous Next >