Re: [SLE] YAST1 and YAST2
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 20:58:33 +0100 (CET)

The 03.10.30 at 23:39, Charles Philip Chan wrote:

> He wants a console based (ie: ncurses based, slang based, etc) program.
> A lot of servers don't even have X installed.

Yast2 works on a console; I have done remote maintenance by ssh over two
modems. But it doesn't navigate directories of rpms as yast1 did
(unless version 9 does).

Now that I think, I would like some way to see what one is doing on yast
by ssh locally on the other computer... perhaps a tee to a pipe, and 'cat'
the pipe to a console.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson