Re: [SLE] completion of my list of installed programs
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:01:50 +0700
Nidek wrote:
> > but on my hd I did not find a
> > checkinstall program.
>
> __________________
>
> ~ believe <checkinstall> is available from the APT
> repository.

Looked into APT/ Synaptic but the only thing that find
turned up was a tetex-frogg program which was made using
checkinstall. Will do a google ;-)

Knew it of course ;-(. It is on the cd,
Installed it and it seemed to work fine. Lots of activity
ending in a request for a name suggestion of the rpm. Nice.
But in the final part it wanted to have a path to the
SOURCES directory.
Could not satisfy the program and had to interrupt the
process. What should I have given as an answer? /usr/src a
nono, the directory where the source of the compilation
could be found a no also.