Re: [SLE] C-Media (sound card) configuration
  • From: LinuxWorld999 <linuxworld999@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 07:08:06 +0000
On Sunday 26 October 2003 22:17, Shinichi wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> My system (Suse 8.1 Personal Edition)does not allow me to configure sound
> driver (C-Media 8738) that is embedded in ASUS A7V333 motherboard.
>
> Is there anybody who knows how to configure the sound?
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Shinichi

Although this is not helpful to your present problem, one solution is to
disable onboard sound and to buy a basic or secondhand Sound Blaster card
which is almost universally supported. On the PC here this was the easiest
solution and did away with onboard sound problems.

I bought the secondhand card from a local shop which within 24 hours will swap
or refund the money. Bought in the morning, tested an hour later, checked it
worked and kept it.

HTH.

LW999