Re: [SLE] Custom installation-boot-cd for 9.0
  • From: Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:10:11 +0100
Andres Petralli wrote:
I'm trying to compile a custom boot-cd to make the 9.0 installation work with my i875P chipset and ICH5 S-ATA controller. Since this hardware setup requieres an -ac patches kernel with S-ATA support

Hmmm. Haven't got my 9.0 yet but will soon. I managed to get 8.2 to boot on this chipset & disk using a 2.4.21 Mantel kernel, so I'm surprised that the 2.4.21 on 9.0 doesn't support it. What symptoms are you seeing?

> I need to find a way to patch the original 9.0 install-cd
to use my custom kernel to boot.

Another alternative is to put the BIOS in [SATA] Legacy mode to install, then swap kernels and set the BIOS to Enhanced (check the archive for some more detail).

Cheers, Dave