Custom installation-boot-cd for 9.0
  • From: Andres Petralli <andres@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:34:29 +0200
Hi,
I'm trying to compile a custom boot-cd to make the 9.0 installation work with my i875P chipset and ICH5 S-ATA controller. Since this hardware setup requieres an -ac patches kernel with S-ATA support I need to find a way to patch the original 9.0 install-cd to use my custom kernel to boot. Does anyone know how to build such a custom boot-cd so that the installation can be started from there? I already made a boot-cd which boots my kernel, but I couldn't figure out what I need to make the installation start with yast, as it's done with Suse 9.0. Does anyone know what it takes to build such a cd?

Also, since S-ATA with ICH5 controllers are still not support in any major distro I thought about sharing this boot-cd, should anyone want it.

Also, some support guy at suse told me there would be a bootable 2.6 Kernel for installation purposes on the original cds or dvds. I couldn't find this kernel! Is this just a rumor or did some really find this kernel? I know you can post-install the 2.6 kernel, but that won't help me solving my S-ATA issues since I need to boot already at installation with it... Does anyone know the full boot-options of these boot-cds?

Greetings,

Andres