CUPS configuration
  • From: tallison@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 15:15:59 -0400 (EDT)
I have what might be a strange configuration for a CUPS server.
Or at least strange results.

I have a super duper Kyocera printer that supports everything known to
man. I'm trying to work with JetDirect right now.

I can print using JetDirect, but the postscript font rendering is not as
good as the font rendering I can get from the same content using Windows.

My first suspicion is that Windows lets the printer do the postscript
conversion and CUPS does the postscript conversion for the printer. This
guess, if correct, would imply that I really want to send the job to the
printer and let it decide what to do with it.

How might I try this?

< Previous Next >