Re: [SLE] 3Ware raid card question....ya, another one.
  • From: Greg Freemyer <freemyer-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 05 Sep 2003 18:34:49 -0400
On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 18:01, Tom Nielsen wrote:
> Greg - Thanks for the tip. I just called 3Ware and got my answer.
>
> My original drive is going to get wiped. I'm going to do a
> sector-by-sector backup of the drive to another drive using the dd
> command. Afterwards, they say, I should be able to put all the drive
> information back onto the newly wiped and now ready raid drive, and have
> it boot up.
>
> Looks like a long weekend.
>
> Tom

Tom,

If you have a total of 3 drives, it is really not that bad.

Boot off of your SuSE CD and go into rescue mode.

Then dd from 3ware drive to direct ide drive.

Reboot into the 3ware bios and create the mirror.

That only takes a couple of minutes.

Then boot back to the SuSE CD in rescue mode and dd the image back onto
the mirror.

HTH
Greg
--