SuSe 8.2 and Netlock VPN installation
  • From: bob mike <blankstv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 19:37:12 -0700 (PDT)
I am trying to connect to my companies VPN network
with no luck. Netlock does not offically support
SuSe, but does support Redhat 8.0. I performed a test
install of Redhat 9.0 and the Netlock VPN client on a
machine. I was able to connect sucessfully to the
network.

On SUSE 8.2, the software installs correctly and loads
the kernel modules properly. I can connect to the VPN
network, but cannot ping any devices on the other
side.

I have removed the SuSeFirewall2 software and checked
everything I know.

Once connected to the VPN a netstat -nr is virtually
identical between the Redhat and SuSe boxes. Also
netstat -vat greping for the ports and IP's in
question are also the same.

The only strange behavior
I have notices is from time to time , root gets the
following message.

Kernel IP routing table
-bash: Kernel: command not found

There is nothing in the message log about this.

I also removed the patched kernel and sources, then
re-installed them the originals from the CD.

Thanks