Re: [SLE] does virus and worms affects linux ?
  • From: Kelly Fulks <kfulks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 17:55:55 -0500
On Tuesday 02 September 2003 15:52, Praise wrote:
> Alle 22:33, martedì 2 settembre 2003, Marco Oliveira ha scritto:
[stuff deleted]
> > 5 - What kind of protection could i use (Anti-Virus software) ?
>
> Antivirus for Linux detect only windows viruses.

Not totally true. I know that F-Prot will detect Windows virii on a Linux
machine, but it will also look for Unix/Linux worms and trojans within the
system. You can download it for free (personal use with Linux) and it is
inexpensive on Windows and seems to work. I haven't tried the server side
stuff for Linux or Windows.

--
Kelly L. Fulks
Home Account