Re: [SLE] extreme harddrive activity
  • From: H du Plooy <linuser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:12:06 +0200
On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 23:52, Charles Philip Chan wrote:
> If the other machine is lying idle, why not use it? It is better than
> tying up resources on your machine.
It's running seti. If it had a fast hard disc, I would have done it,
but here we pay for local calls, and I don't want to waist time
downloading e-mail. One day, when I replace this hard disc, I'll stick
it in the old PC and try it out.

> Did you also tune your disk with hdparm like I suggested?
I have tried it before, as per suggestion from the list (on another
thread), but it didn't make a noticeable difference on my system over
the default "dma = 1"

Thanks
Hans

< Previous Next >