Re: [SLE] extreme harddrive activity
  • From: David Herman <mesamoo115@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 22:55:43 -0700

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 01:52 pm, H du Plooy wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 20:51, Dylan wrote:
> > > # The lock file ensures that only 1 spamassassin invocation
> > > happens # at 1 time, to keep the load down.
> > > #
> > >
> > > :0fw: spamassassin.lock
> > >
> > > #
> > > # Limit size to 250 KB
> > > * < 256000
> > > #
> > > # Use spamc

> > Where do I find that? I've looked through the files in
> > /usr/share/spamassassin and /etc/mail but can't find those lines
> > anywhere?
>
> This is all supposed to be in your ~/.procmailrc

I've been following this thread and a question has come to mind...

I don't use fetchmail, procmail etc, just lowly kmail to download and
read my mail. (don't have time to learn about fetchmail, procmail etc,
right now).

I set up a filter in kmail to use spamc to sort out spam mails and its
working well - except for the horrible slowdown. I've read the
spamassasin docs but I don't see any info about how to setup a "lock"
file, especially in conjunction w/ kmail.

Can this be done with kmail? If so how.

Thanks for your help.

ps, If someone believes I'm hijacking the original thread I apologize, I
just thought this question belonged here.

Thanks again

- --
dh
Don't shop at GoogleGear.com!