Re: [SLE] nVidia
  • From: Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:09:37 +0200

> the nvidia HOWTO on the SuSE site has changed in the last couple of weeks (wow
> it was changed this morning... what a coincidence) or so to include the
> following text:

> 2) Use the nvidia installer.
>
> export IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=yes
> sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4363.run

> but what it doesn't tell you to do is that to run the nVidia installer you
> must not have X running and must be in either runlevel three or else have
> booted up into "safe mode" for a console session.

Not having X running (which the installer tells you to not do)
should be enough.

I've installed this on a few boxes simply by doing
ssh boxname -l root
/etc/init.d/xdm stop
[optionally rmmod nvidia.o]
sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-XXXXXXXXX.run
/etc/init.d/xdm start

Kind regards,
--
Gerhard den Hollander Phone :+31-10.280.1515
ICT manager Direct:+31-10.280.1539