hi... Suse-8.2 does not start ... when I try to install with a bootable CD..
  • From: Sivakamesh Thota <sivakamesh_thota@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:22:44 -0700 (PDT)
hi,
I am trying to install 8.2 on my laptop via FTP. I am
using cd as the initial booting device. When I added
the relavent network modules and other stuff and
configure my network, the installation does not
continue. I am giving the FTP servers IPs as giving in
the suse ftp help site. By the way I am behind the
router in at my home network. I guess it does not
matter since i am configuring the network with proper
name servers as well as IP address along with the
correct gateway. Is the FTP server of the suse always
busy or there is something wrong with my installation
procedure. I even tried connecting my notebook
directly to the cable modem removing the router. Same
thing happend in this case as well. Anyhelp would be
highly appreciated.
thank you
kamesh