Re: [SLE] is anyone using SCPM?
  • From: David T-G <davidtg-suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:42:20 -0400
Hi again --

...and then David T-G said...
%
% Is anyone using SCPM to do profile management? It looks like that is a

Well, after fumbling around quite a bit learning what SCPM does, I still
don't know where it stores its files or exactly at what it looks when
using the "typical" resource set, but it seems to work. I have three
profiles -- staticTP, staticWL, and dhcp -- to pick whether I'm at home
on my static IP address on eth0 (twisted pair) or [pcmcia] eth1 (wireless)
or using dhcp on anything available somewhere else. yast2 insists on
updating the hosts file AND ripping out old entries (it wouldn't be so
bad if it didn't do the latter) but I think I've managed to get all of
the versions all matched up.

Not bad at all, and probably easier and certainly more thorough than
writing my own scripts. Yay :-)

HTH & HAND

:-D
--
David T-G * There is too much animal courage in
(play) davidtg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx * society and not sufficient moral courage.