Re: [SLE] Monitor configuration in SaX2
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 20:16:25 -0400
On Saturday 02 August 2003 09:09 pm, Thinker wrote:
> I am currently running two monitors on SuSE 8.2 using SaX2. SaX2
> found "drivers" for Monitor 0, a 17" CTX, Sax2 apparently has no
> "driver" for Monitor 1, a 17" Sampo Alphascan 712. A search for the
> driver has yielded nothing but the following information ...
>

> Sampo Alphascan 712 (KM-712)
> Size: 17" (16" Diagonal Viewable Area)
> Dot Pitch: 0.27mm
> Type: Flat Square Tube
> Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 66Hz
> H-Freq.: 30 KHz ~ 72 KHz
> V-Freq.: 50 Hz ~ 160 Hz
> Dot Rate: 110 MHz
>
> Can someone please tell me how to configure SaX2 so that my monitor
> will go to 1024x768 or above?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -=Thinker
=============

If you know the specs, then simply add the monitor to the monitor
database or as Philip mentioned use the Install disk that came with the
monitor, as sax2 will read the .inf file from that disk. To add it
yourself, go here: /usr/X11R6/lib/sax/api/data/cdb/

find your monitor list and edit it to add your new unlisted monitor. Be
sure to notice the other monitors listings and make sure yours is the
same after editing.

Pat
Registered Linux User #225206
On any other day, that might seem strange...