Re: [SLE] cvs script?
  • From: Rohit <rohits@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:39:29 +0530
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:34:58 +0530 (IST)
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Stelios wrote:
> I have installed a cvs and Samba on a system running SuSE 8.0.
> Under my CVS path i have a module name which i want to tranfer (for
> backup reasons) every day on a different PC.
> The problem is that the files on the cvs are like filename.php.v and
> this is a problem because i want to transfer all of them on the 2nd pc
> in a specific location (on the apache root folder) where apache is
> running and ofcourse it can recognize .php.v extensions.
> Any suggestions on how i can rename on the fly all this files before
> copying all this to the 2nd PC ?

The files in your CVS repository are in filename.php,v and not php.v
format, so may be there is no problem of the kind that you are
anticipating.

You might still want to throw in a

tar cvfz modulename.gz module-dir

and then FTP this archive to the second PC rather than the directory.

Rohit

Disclaimer

is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.mahindrabt.com