DHCP Conf...sorry about the length
  • From: "Tim Dickinson" <dickohead@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:56:29 +1000
I am not aware if this issue has been addressed yet - as i could not find anything in the archies i doubt it.

I am running SuSE 8.2 on a machien that has direct access to the internet, i want to share this net connection to a windows machine - when i disable the network on the windows machine then re-enable it, it says -
0.0.0.0
0.0.0.0
Assigned by DHCP

then it refreshes and automatically assigns itself a windows address.

How do i set up the DHCP conf file to set the windows IP address to work off:
192.168.0.x ????

And then how do i share the net connection through DHCP to windows?? I could do it in Mandrake 9.0/9.1 and Lycoris Desktop L/X (Amethyst) - But SuSE does not seem to have a config tool like the others.

There are no problems with my network conenctions, but does a hub have to support IP address assigning (DHCP) to assign them? all i have is 4 computers (only 2 hooked up roght now) connected through a standard 4 port hub - using CAT-5 network cable.....

Anyone got any ideas?

Get mobile Hotmail. Go to http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/signup.asp