Re: [SLE] can I get better fonts?
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:47:28 -0400
On Wednesday 18 June 2003 06:45, Juan C. Gallardo wrote:
> My biggest problem with the GTK application is not that the fonts are
> ugly, is that I can't see it because they are too small, and the only
> way to enlarge them is through the gnome-control-center, which only
> works while it's open, once closed the ofnt's return to the same
> size... which is something that I don't want.
> How can I do to make this change permanent?
>
> Juan C. Gallardo

=================

Juan,
If you are talking about GTK 1.4 apps, you are not likely to see much
difference with those. Gnome2 significantly improved things as far as
font handling is concerned. Again, you need to get the Bitstream fonts
we mentioned and I think you will see a noticeable difference right
away. The problem you are experiencing has been one of the many
complaints I have had with Gnome 1.x series, but Gnome2 is clearing up
much of that.

In fact, I believe all those programs converted to Gnome2 may even have
font adjustments built into the programs now for size & style. Check
your program to see if it is there in the preferences. If you are
wanting to use Gnome as your gui, then you might want to consider
getting the latest Ximian Desktop 2, which should give you a much
better environment.

Patrick
Registered Linux User #225206
On any other day, that might seem strange...

< Previous Next >