RE: [SLE] Microsoft Vs. Linux Desktop Battle Heats Up
  • From: Jonathan Shilling <jshilling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:03:05 -0500
If the package would include the necessary libraries to install and run,
rather than being dependentant on what the distro may already come with,
should resolve this issue. For the most part just about every package I
have come across I could compile and execute on Mandrake, SuSE, Red Hat,
Debian, and *BSD. There is only the matter of porting the libraries.
Jonathan