Re: [SLE] Problems with K3b...need help---figured it out
  • From: Tom Nielsen <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 07 Jun 2003 13:23:27 -0700
Last night I burned a CD by lowering the speed. I was at 20x normally,
and my burner is a 24x, but I lowered it to 10x. Once I started K3b said
it was adjusting itself to 8x. I thought, this is going to take all
night, but it recorded like it was at 24x. Strange.

Anyway, I burned another at 8x today and it worked....still burning as
fast as 24x. What ever, at least it works.

Tom

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 20:44, Michael Sacco wrote:

> <snip>
> > Last night I tested a cd out by writting one wav file to it. No problem.
> > Tonight I tried, 4 times, burning about 14 songs, way below my max in
> > minutes or megs. Each time using a new CD. I kept getting the same
> > response:
> >
> > Turning BURN-Proof on
> > Executing power calibration...
> > ?: Input/output error. : scsi sendcmd: cmd timeout after 180.375 (180)
> > CDB: 54 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
> > cmd finished after 180.375s timeout 180s
> > ERROR: Power calibration failed.
> > ERROR: Use option --force to ignore this error.
> > ERROR: Writing failed.
> >
> > Does anyone know what this means?
> <snip>
>
> I'm no expert...but I'm curious as to what brand of CD's you're using. I
> think I remember seeing this error on my cd burner, and it was just because I
> was using really cheap CDR's. Buying a different brand solved this (cd
> burners are picky that way sometimes) Is this a brand you've used before?

Tom Nielsen
Neuro Logic Systems, Inc.
805.389.5435 x18
www.neuro-logic.com