Re: [SLE] Flightgear
  • From: The Purple Tiger <Jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 19:56:55 +0100
On Friday 06 June 2003 10:23 am, Rohit wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have experience with Flightgear here? [I am trying to
> play with my newly configured riva tnt2 - and it is really slow. FPS
> on gears = 238]
First of all, get the 3D drivers for your card downloaded/setup. Riva
TNT2, thats an NVIDIA card, isn't it? If you go to www.nvidia.com, you
can download the drivers for linux there - you will need to follow the
instructions to the letter - including the "reboot"

This will boost your FPS, and you can then look at flightgear properly -
it needs hardware acceleration.
I also recommend you install the latest version of flightgear from the
site, as it is very developmental, and lots of changes have happened
from older releases :)