Re: [SLE] info, command not found
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 11:15:43 +0200 (CEST)

The 03.06.06 at 00:34, Anders Johansson wrote:

> One set of hotkeys is OK, but they're not really the same all over, are they?
> And the ones you mention isn't exactly all there are. I like to think I have
> a pretty good memory, but I sometimes find myself staring at the screen
> trying to remember the particular key sequence for less, vi, info or even
> emacs. It can be a pain at times.

Just my point. There are some programs nowdays that do not recognize the
cursor keys. For example, I'm using Pine in an xterm. If I want to go to
the beginning of the line, I have to press [Ctrl][A], because [home] and
[end] beeps at me. If I switch to a text console, [End] works but not
[home]. If I want to go left one word, [Ctrl][left] doesn't work on most
text programs. Common! This is the 21st century! All keyboards do have
cursor keys :-(

I don't complain that ^A still work, I complain the cursor keyboard
doesn't.

> But don't ask me, ask the people you are trying to sell SuSE Personal Edition
> to.

Exactly!

I have a friend that I'm trying to convince to use Linux, and he bought
Mandrake, and later SuSE. He want's to buy 8.2 now -- in fact, I'm
encouraging him, because I being his "guru", I'll get a free or shared
copy ;-) -- He is the windows type, and will not even look at a text
configuration program, he wants only point click click... it is the way it
is. Don't tell him that it is better a text configuration file - and I do
think it is better, but he doesn't eat it.

I'm looked at funnily by my group of friends - and even peers - because
I'm the one using linux...

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson