Strange YaST2 Problem
  • From: Kirby Nesbitt <knesbitt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 12:34:38 -0600
Wonder if anyone has seen this..
I just downloaded the KDE 3.1.2 packages and upgraded the desktop. No problems
there. Now however when I go into YaST2 and attempt to select any packages or
groups for update , I receive this idiotic window that pops up and says
"Abandon all Changes?" The "accept" or "cancel" buttons are non-responsive
causing the whole Install and Remove Software Module to freeze (under YaST).
What have I done wrong here in my recent update.
For the KDE RPM update, I created a dir under tmp and dropped everything in
there. Then Created a new directory entry under YaST2-Change source of
Installation. Disabled the cd:/// record temporarily but have since restored
this enrty as the sole source.
After completing the KDE upgrade I had gone in and deleted the RPM's under my
tmp dir (140 MB) in the efforts to conserve space. Could this have thrown a
wrench into YaST somehow?
Really looking for the expert advise here as I an not sure how I'll upgrade
from this point on unless I can get rid of this nag window.
Thanks!

K. Nesbott