Re: [SLE] TWM/MWM cant get out:
  • From: Thom Nuzum <thom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 06:03:42 -0400
On Saturday 31 May 2003 17:30, Pagan wrote:
> launch a console su to root and run yast.
> in the sysconf editor is an option for windomanager...
> in the meantime it's determined by variables...
> after login (textmode or init 3) you can change these like so:
> export WINDOWMANAGER=/opt/kde3/bin/kde
> export DISPLAYMANAGER=/opt/kde3/bin/kde
>
> or whatever ya wish to use...
>
> Pagan
>
> On Saturday 31 May 2003 16:21, thom@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > I tried i think TWM on my login screen to see what that would do.
> >
> > Please help. Now I can't seem to get back to the FVM screen to choose
> > KDE. Don't know how to exit this thing either. On reboot it goes right
> > back to TWM.

The export commands work for me, but I can't seem to get my default
windowmanager back. I tried setting everything to Default in sysconf. On
startup I always go into TWM. Is there another way to get my default
graphical login screen back with all its selections or can I remove this TWM
somehow.
Thanks