Re: [SLE] kernel header
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 18:32:59 -0400
On Wednesday 28 May 2003 18:21 pm, Dale wrote:
> I don't seem to find them on my system in
> /usr/src/linux/include/2.4.20-4GB-athlon or any where else for that
> matter. I did choose to install the source during install, and I also
> tried to install 2 other times. What the heck am I missing? I've got
> 8.2 Personal.

Can't really help you but if you look in the /usr/src/linux/Makefile you
will see that the '-athlon' is just tacked on the end of the name of the
kernel during the make process. I didn't get a match on the header
values until I recompiled the kernel.

> On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 20:19, Eric wrote:
> > On Tuesday 27 May 2003 04:28 pm, Dale wrote:
> > > ok, thanx! so what is the full path to them in an 8.2 install?
> >
> > Lol, how could he ignore your original question?
> > Anyways its
> > /usr/src/linux/include
> > or
> > /usr/src/<whatever 8.2 named your linux kernel source
> > directory>/include
> >
> > I think by default the headers are installed wiht the kernel,
> > however if you need the full source you have to install that
> > seperatly from the CPU-optimized rpm package. Full kernel source is
> > a whopping 20 MB of source and much more when its compiled and
> > configured.
> > Eric Bambach
> > Eric@xxxxxxxx

+ Bruce S. Marshall bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx Bellaire, MI 05/28/03
18:31 +
"After all is said and done, usually more is said than done."