Re: [SLE] Evolution deps/services
  • From: Eric <eric@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 12:48:19 -0500
On Sunday 11 May 2003 01:01 pm, H du Plooy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If you use evolution from KDE, it starts up a number of
> background services:

> These don't shut themselves down after closing Evolution.
> They stick around. Though this is no serious problem, I'd
> like to know why they don't terminate, and if there's a way
> to have evolution klean up after itself, short of writing a
> script for that.

I don't use evolution, but it seems to me like they should have a preference
for that sort f thing. Like Check here if you don't want the alarms to run
with your computer. Running a process that wont terminate without the user's
ability to turn that behavior off seems like awkward and sloppy programming
to me.
Eric Bambach
Eric@xxxxxxxx