Re: [SLE] SU can't connect. Why?
  • From: Damian Ohara <daohara1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 16:22:48 +0100
Bruce,

It's your call. I spent a very painful few months three years ago trying to educate several hundred local users to use xauth and not xhost. Lose control of your desktop just once to someone else and you'll see what I'm getting at.

Putting "xhost +" in your . files was a disciplinable offence here :-(

Damian

All you really have to do is to issue:

xhost +

one time during a boot session as a normal user. And you're good to go.

I have placed this in the .bashrc file for the user I normally log in as. (and now people are going to hound me that it is a security breach)