Re: [SLE] Installing RPMs - path (newbie)
  • From: Fergus Wilde <fwilde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 16:21:51 +0100

> On Thursday 08 May 2003 04:01, Chris Grainer wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 03:58, lee wrote:
> > > Why not just use KPackage to do this ? Worked for me installing amsn on
> > > 8.0 ? Or perhaps I'm out to lunch on this one..
> > >
> > > Lee
> >
> > I don't know if I even have KPackage:
> >
> > "linux:/home/chris/downloads # KPackage
> > -bash: KPackage: command not found
> >
> > linux:~ # rpm -q KPackage
> > package KPackage is not installed
> >

> > --
> > Chris Grainer <chrisgrainer@xxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > linux:/home/chris/downloads # kpackage
> > -bash: kpackage: command not found
>
> You have kpackage. Start it up the same way in a konsole, but don't use
> any capital letters. It's also in the menu (at least the KDE menu, heh)

Small point, perhaps, but actually, I don't have it - and I pretty much
accepted the default software selection, apart from adding in the odd thing.
I don't mind not having it, because I don't want it at the minute ... but it
does seem quite possible for Chris not to have it on his system after
accepting defaults. Maybe you selected the 'all of kde' option? However, it
shouldn't take him many minutes to put it on there.
Cheers
Fergus

--
Fergus Wilde