Re: [SLE] Wine (2003-04-08) on 8.1 (pro)
  • From: Curtis Rey <crrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 19:42:24 -0500

On Tuesday 06 May 2003 19:34, Pagan wrote:
> I'm trying to run wine (2003-04-08) from a compile on SuSE 8.1 Pro and
> getting a wierd error...
>
> 19:15 pagan@jezebelle /home/pagan/.wine> wine
> /fake-windows/Games/Diablo_II/D2ExRun2.exe
> Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
> Could not stat /cdrom (No such file or directory), ignoring drive D:
> X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
> Major opcode of failed request: 62 (X_CopyArea)
> Serial number of failed request: 3647
> Current serial number in output stream: 3648
> 19:15 pagan@jezebelle /home/pagan/.wine>
>
> Now bear in mind that I ran it with great success before whiping WinDoze
> and re-installing 8.1..
> Any thoughs as the winehq site is returing 404 on the knowledge base links
> for this problem...
>
> T.I.A.
> Pagan

Your probably not addressing it in a manner that makes wine happy.

This is how I address things for wine

nice -n 12 winex3 "C:/Sierra/Homeworld/homeworld.exe" --

in your case it would most likely be:

wine "C:/Games/Diablo_ll/D2ExRun2.exe" --

Note however, that if Diablo_ll is actually "Diablo II"
then the line should look like this:

wine "C:/Games/Diablo\ ll/D2ExRun2.exe" --

Wherein the \ designates a space for dos/winblows fs in a unix system
In otherwords. if it's something like /Fallout Tactics/ it is written like
/Fallout\ Tactics/.

Now as far as the Major opcode of failed request: 62 (X_CopyArea) Serial
number of failed request: 3647 This is most likely copy protection. In
which case WineX 3.0 has solved 99% of these issues. You can subscribe to
WineX for 5 bucks U.S. a month or go CVS - but the CVS likely doesn't have a
few necessary pieces that on non-wine/gpl and not included in the CVS files,
such as the installer 6 work and perhaps the copy protection workaround.

HTH, Curtis.