Re: [SLE] [OT] MPlayer : Painfull DVD playback.
  • From: user norman <michaeltnorman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 18:55:28 +0100

> With one exception - does MPlayer (or anything else) support DVD menus?
> Failing that, does anyone know how to identify the track that actually
> contains the movie? ;-)

John

Xine supports dvd menus. Get it from packaman. You can select all the lib
and xine packages using synaptic if you install apt for SuSE. Then first run
xine-check and set dma from one of the recommended options. I use hparm to
do that.

The xine version on the 8.2 discs is broken as is the mplayer as well. I've
nevr got mplayer to do anything so I just use xine.

Mike