Re: [SLE] Imapd in SuSE-8.2 does not work - SOLVED
  • From: David Krider <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 02 May 2003 09:43:32 -0500
On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 17:20, ghugh Song wrote:

> After the upgrade of SuSE-8.2, it suddenly does not work anymore.
> I enabled imapd from xinetd configuration. Therefore, it should work.

Here's the final deal. (See my other mail for a workaround.) What you
can do to get "normal" imaps operation running is...

1) Create a stanza in /etc/xinetd.d/imap like so:

#
# imaps - SSL-encrypted imap mail daemon
#
service imaps
{
disable = no
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
wait = no
user = root
server = /usr/sbin/imapd
server_args = -s
flags = IPv4
}

2) Create an SSL cert. You might already have one from before. It goes
in /etc/ssl/certs, and needs to be named "imapd.pem". If you need a new
one, you can use this to create it (from
http://www.washington.edu/imap/documentation/SSLBUILD.html):

openssl req -new -x509 -nodes -out imapd.pem -keyout imapd.pem -days 365

HTH,
dk

--
David "Dunkirk" Krider, http://www.davidkrider.com
Acts 17:28, "For in Him we live, and move, and have our being."