Re: [SLE] error in sendmail standard config?
  • From: Patrick <sml@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:22:38 +0200
At 14:41 28.04.2003 +0200, Carlos wrote:
The 03.04.26 at 18:07, Patrick wrote:
> Counting the standard values for resolving names together gave me:
> first try 10s + timout 5s + second try 10s + timeout 5s (and so on, until
> 4 retries are done) more than 60s!
> I assume, that this was the reason for at least _many_ of the "did not
> issue MAIL..." error-messages.

Could be. Do you have a local dns server? If you don't, perhaps you could
set one as cache, and perhaps the "not found" answer would be inmediate.
I'm unsure of this, but you could try.

I use a local dns server - but I think, since the the inactive RBL is
like a dead dns server, you cannot avoid the timeout.

I think I remember that rbl lookup was optional before, with suse 7.3,
somewhere on the main mail config. I use postfix now, I can not check.

RBL is still optional in SuSE sendmail, but its on by default (at least
in SuSE 8.1).

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson